Monday, July 23, 2018

Creating Brand Loyalty

 When I was a child, my mother once purchased a set of dishes at the supermarket, one item at a time. Every few weeks, new pieces in the set would be available for sale - dinner plates one week, dessert bowls another. The price was right, but it was a limited time offer. If you wanted the whole set, you had to visit the store on a regular basis... Otherwise, the dishes you wanted could be gone.

I haven't seen an offer like this in years. But I have seen companies offer something free - like these reusable mugs full of mustard offered by one mustard manufacturer.

If I needed mugs or glasses, I'd probably purchase a few, whether I needed mustard or not...! The lure of getting dishes for free - or at a discount - is a family trait that hasn't disappeared!

No comments:

Post a Comment