Saturday, July 14, 2018

Butterflies in the Garden

A few years ago, after reading that milkweed attracts butterflies to a garden, I decided to let this self-seeding weed grow in our yard.

I now have quite a few of these tall plants...












I've seen a few butterflies, too... And I've tried to photograph them. But they flutter off when I bring my camera near...

I thought this blob of orange in the middle of the picture might be one with its wings folded closed... But maybe it's a plant!

Between the time I spot the butterfly, and snap its picture - it moves...

(Which is why I've managed only to catch its thin black legs in the bottom right of this photo!!)

I have new respect for those butterfly photographers who are able to take wonderful pictures of them with wings outspread...

(How do they do it?!)

No comments:

Post a Comment