Friday, July 27, 2018

A Useful App

I got a new iPhone a few months ago. My old one was having screen issues. Fortunately I was able to get a new one, with a few new features.

I'm not one to explore all the apps found on a phone. I know the ones I use, and I quickly search them out.

So it was a few months before I happened to notice a feature called a magnifier in the settings file.

Would this enlarge the print on the phone? Or could it actually work like a magnifying glass? I wondered...

After googling "iPhone magnifier" to find out how it worked, I gave it a try...

I discovered that it works like a magnifying glass - through the camera on the phone! I can even choose how much magnification is needed.








This is great!

Now I can use it to read fine print on labels... and whenever I'm in a restaurant with dim lighting and can't make out the fine print on the menu... (something that seems to be happening more and more frequently!)






I turned on this feature by going to "settings" - then "general." (Under "accessibility.")

I then switched on both the magnifier and "auto-brightness."

Now, to access it, I simply need to triple click on the home button - and my phone turns into a magnifying glass!

Such a useful feature!

No comments:

Post a Comment