Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Favorite Flowers in Bloom

All my flower beds are green and growing... I've been out weeding, trying to create some order in the chaos!

My main problem continues to be the gout weed: it spreads, covering smaller plants. My weeding consists of pulling out its green and white leaves by the handfuls! It's a bittersweet victory: I know the roots, still in the soil, are tangled with other plant roots! They'll be back!

At the same time, I wonder if I'm accidentally pulling out other plants as well!




Two flowers now in bloom are also spreaders, but these I don't mind! They're not as invasive as the gout weed.

I love the expanding mass of white anemones that blow in the wind.








In the side yard, under a giant pine tree (where very little grows), lovely lily of the valley are also spreading.

I love their fragrance - and the fact that they grow under pines, where very little else manages to grow.






The hostas are opening up as well. I should have divided them, I think... But I wasn't sure where to put new plants.










Two bright yellow Euphorbia plants are also blooming in the front yard. Together with the white anemones, they add splashes of brightness to my flower beds.

No comments:

Post a Comment