Sunday, September 24, 2017

Why I Write...

I've been a fan of writer Anne Lamott for many years.

I particularly enjoy reading her memoirs and her spiritual musings. But her book on writing entitled Bird by Bird is amazing, too.

I recently signed up to receive her "Instagram" posts. Here is one I read recently. It may be a quote from her latest book, which I recently read... though I don't remember reading this. I like it because I think it perfectly describes why I blog. It's not too clear in my photo - so here's what it says:

"You're going to feel like hell if you wake up someday and you never wrote the stuff that is tugging at the sleeves of your heart: your stories, memories, visions and songs - your truth, your version of things - in your own voice.That's really all you have to offer us, and that's also why you were born."


No comments:

Post a Comment