Saturday, September 23, 2017

Knitting Update...

I have been steadily knitting ever since making my large impulse purchase of yarn two months ago at a giant yarn sale...

I have plans to make myself 4 sweaters - and then use the rest of the yarn to experiment with stripes and designs.







My first sweater is done... I like it, but it feels a little big...

It is warm - hopefully it'll be great for the winter.

After years of knitting mainly afghans - because there doesn't have to be a perfect fit - I have taken to knitting sweaters again. Last year I knit three... thanks to Elizabeth Zimmermann's books and videos. (I also knit a "baby surprise jacket" for my granddaughter...)

My goal is to be able to create a pattern and knit it to fit. So there are two parts: Being able to execute an idea. And having it fit.

I'm a long way from that...



In the meantime, I do get occasional aches and pains in my hands - signs I should take a break. But fortunately, on the internet, I've found several sites with exercises for tired knitting hands!

This one was on knitfreedom.com

I found it - and others - by doing an internet search for: hand exercises for knitters.

I have to take these aches and pains seriously: I want to keep knitting and crocheting for a long, long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment