Thursday, September 21, 2017

Visiting Montmorency Falls

Terry and I decided to drive to Montmorency Falls after seeing them from  the St. Lawrence River, as we sailed around the Quebec City harbor in an excursion boat.

Taller than Niagara Falls, but not as large, Montmorency Falls are located in a suburb, only a few miles from the old part of town.











It wasn't our first time at the falls. A few years ago, we walked up the zig-zag path, about half-way. I'm not sure why we didn't take the cable car to the top at that time. Maybe we were spurred on by the challenge of walking up. But it's a lot steeper than it looks!







This time Terry and I took the cable car.













Then we walked across the foot bridge that hangs over the falls.

Below us, dozens of people were crossing the falls, one by one, suspended on a zip line.

(These brave ones are recognizable by their orange helmets.)

The hanging bridge - the cable car - and now the zip line... Each provides an exciting way of crossing and viewing the falls!

I was happy to simply watch those who wanted to glide over the falls, held only by a wire.

The gift shop was selling tee shirts that proclaimed in French: I dared to do the zip line (La Tyro). 

I was looking for one that said: I didn't dare to do the zip line! 

(If I'd have found one, I'd have bought it!)






No comments:

Post a Comment