Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Yarn Sale!

I try to avoid shopping for yarn as I already have a large stash. But I wanted to check out the Noro yarn from Japan... It's so colorful! Was it silky as well?

I discovered (thanks to Google) that a large yarn store not far from me carries Noro... so I drove over... only to discover that they were having a "tent sale" - discounted yarn sold in bulk.

I couldn't resist wandering into the sale section, just to see what was there...

(Unfortunately, no Noro yarn on sale.)

But I spotted a few colors I liked: Patons chunky yarn that sells for $8 a ball regularly was $13 per 6 skein bag. Hmmm. That would make a nice sweater. Another pretty yarn, regularly $5 per skein was now $20 per 10 skein bag.


I couldn't resist! So I bought several bags... went home... thought about how much I'd need for potential sweater projects - then went back to buy a bit more!

Here it is! Nine bags in all!

Not sure where I'll store it. Hopefully I'll transform it into sweaters before too long!


No comments:

Post a Comment