Thursday, August 10, 2017

Crochet Project for Yarn Scraps

I've made a few afghans over the years using this striped crochet pattern.

I recently started another, to use up my mother's yarn scraps. Then I started a second, because it was hard to mix thin and thicker yarn.

After a week of crocheting, I developed a sore wrist - a painful (and sad) reminder that years of crocheting can take its toll.

I'll put the yarn away again for a while, I decided, to give my wrists a rest...



(But I still have lots of yarn scraps to use up.)

A few days later, I decided to try crocheting again - but this time, not as fast and furiously. Instead, I reminded myself to relax and "enjoy the journey."

Gently, peacefully, I'd say to myself. Take your time.

In this more gentle rhythm, I've been able to crocheting a bit every day, without pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment