Friday, August 4, 2017

My Garden Lilies

I've been noticing day lilies in bloom...



For some unknown reason, mine didn't bloom that much this summer. Usually they bloom twice. When they first bloomed earlier in summer, I don't remember seeing many flowers...

As I now check out the five mounds in the front yard, near the ditch, there are no flowers, though three of the plants may have bulbs. Hopefully they'll bloom again...





The other lilies only bloom once.

The orange tiger lilies - lovely a few weeks ago - are almost finished blooming now.










This interesting brown and yellow lily in the back yard has three flowers on it - for the first time.










Another lily, a gift from one of Terry's co-workers, is just beginning to bloom.

I love the lilies! I just wish they'd bloom longer As their name suggests, some only last a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment