Friday, May 12, 2017

SPAM!!

I recently received an email claiming to be from the Canadian government, informing me that I was owed government money... They wanted me to click on a link to claim my rebate...

I quickly deleted it...

How did I know it wasn't real?

For one thing, it wasn't addressed to me... It was addressed to my email. The government knows my name!










Second, the email came from a source that I know isn't a Canadian government email address. But if I wasn't sure I'd google the government or even call them.

This is the email address that sent me the email...




I wonder if this spam email really comes from highland.edu the last segment of the email address. It's apparently a community college in northern Illinois...

(Or maybe that's a lie as well!)

No comments:

Post a Comment