Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Email Issue

I have a number of email accounts. Each was created for a specific purpose. One came with our internet provider. We used to use it for all our emails, but I don't give it out anymore, in case we switch to a new provider.

Years ago, the summer I had pneumonia, I spent a lot of time online. That's when I created a special email address to use on Ebay. I don't use Ebay anymore. Now I use it for recipes from online recipe collections.

My third email address was originally created for my students to contact me when they wanted to submit homework via email. Now that I no longer teach, I give it out to businesses wanting an email contact. That one gets a lot of junk mail.

The fourth is simply for personal emails to family and friends.

Emails from all these accounts are sent to my iPad, which I check several times a day.

Recently I replied to someone who had contacted me using the email address on my blog. I replied, then checked the "sent" box - discovering, to my dismay, that I had sent the same email twice. Had I really done that?!

I sent myself a test email to one of my other email address... It too was sent out twice!

What to do?




I googled the problem, and discovered that others have encountered this same difficulty. One solution suggested emptying the "sent" folder. Perhaps it was too full...

I did that, but nothing changed. What to do now?!

I could waste my time hunting down more solutions... or I could simply ignore the problem! It only happens with one of my email addresses and only when I reply using my iPad.



Now that I'm aware of it, I'll simply avoid using that email address for sending out replies.

(It's times like this that I'm glad I have several email addresses to choose from!)

No comments:

Post a Comment