Monday, May 15, 2017

It's Never NOT Quilting Season

I haven't done much quilting lately. Knitting (and pottery) took over my life during the winter months.

But I've been perusing quilting books again...

















For ideas!

Eventually (I hope) the weather outdoors will be so warm that I'll want to do work indoors...

So I'm preparing!












I love the idea of "improv quilting" - where very little needs to be exact and lines don't even have to be straight.
















Beautiful irregular designs flow off these pages - every one unique...
















...though I think you have to have a strong artistic sense to make them work.

The power (I think) is in the contrast of colors - the play between light and dark.

This summer, I hope I'll have time to give it a try...

No comments:

Post a Comment