Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Storing Leather Bags

I don't watch much TV, but recently - while on the treadmill at Planet Fitness - I watched part of the Marilyn Denis show. Her special guest was a woman who specializes in organizing clothing. The 10 minutes I watched, she was talking about storing hand bags, in particular leather ones.

They should always be stored upright or they will lose their shape, the organizing expert said. And they should be stored in a breathable cloth bag, not a plastic one which could hold moisture in.

The next day, I went to my closet to organize my purses. I brought along a few old pillow cases to protect my leather bags.

The result? I did vacuum the closet shelf. And I did pull out a few bags to give away.







But most of the handbags I decided to keep are either cloth, plastic or micro-fiber! Though I don't use them a lot, I lined them up in plastic bins with a cloth on top (to protect them from dust).








Only two need to be stored upright in breathable cloth bags! My new leather knapsack is one of them. Not sure how I'll get it to stay upright on a shelf!

In my life, out of sight is out of mind!

I hope I don't forget I have these bags now that they're organized and put away!

No comments:

Post a Comment