Saturday, March 11, 2017

Indoor Soccer

On our last weekend visit to Toronto, I did something I haven't done in years: I watched my son play soccer.

One of the risks of sitting so near the play in an indoor field, is getting hit by an errant ball. Fortunately that didn't happen. One heading in my direction was stopped by a player on the sidelines.

My son's team (called "Assorted Meats" - dressed in white) was playing a team of police officers (dressed in blue)...

At the end of the game, which ended in a tie, my son commented that he may soon have to quit.
Actually he said: I may retire. I'm getting too old...

You're only in your early 30's, I said.

Those young players are fast, he replied. I don't want to get hurt. I have a job...

I understand. I just didn't expect him to "retire" this early in life!


No comments:

Post a Comment