Friday, March 17, 2017

Encountering St. Patrick's Day... Wherever!

I have a lot of respect for St. Patrick. I first read about his life in the book, How the Irish Saved Civilization... A true saint! He definitely changed Ireland.

I happened to be in Toronto, last year, for the Sunday parade celebrating his birth. Everyone was bundled up. The weather was still cold.











Then, a few days later on March 17, in balmy Palm Springs, I encountered these revelers in T-shirts riding a "social cycle" - a bike that holds 16 people. It looked like fun!










Once, in Hawaii, I happened upon the St. Patrick's Day parade in Honolulu. The day was so hot, most spectators were sitting wherever they could find shade.










But they were wearing green - and having fun.

Whatever the weather, everyone loves a party!


No comments:

Post a Comment