Saturday, July 30, 2016

Looking Back... August 2004

I didn't start blogging until 2009. From then on, many of my photos - and stories - made it into the blog.

I recently came across a few pictures that didn't! They date back to the summer of 2004, the year one of our sons was living and working in Banff.

He was 22 years old. In August, he came home for a visit, and the two of us took a drive...

First to visit Grandma, who was then living in her own apartment.












Then on to Andrew Haydon Park...












... and some other favorite spots...

...like Merrickville...













... with its antique shops...













... and its canal lock...













A year later, he returned to Ottawa to live - but at this time, August 2004, he was nostalgically looking at the life he had left behind.











And I?...












I was sadly wondering if he had flown away for good!

No comments:

Post a Comment