Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Current Knitting Project

I don't knit a lot in summer - but I do like to have a project on the go, to take along when I travel. I hate sitting and waiting - with nothing to do!

My current project is this blanket that I'm knitting in garter stitch squares. I'm trying to knit the squares perpendicular to each other... just to see how it looks.

I begin a square by casting on 24 stitches along the side of an existing square. Inevitably, at corners, I have to knit between two "walls," joining my new square into a second side as well. The challenge is making those "seams" invisible. For some reason, they aren't. I haven't found a way to do it yet.


To quit or to continue?

At first the bulky joins bothered me and I thought about taking the whole thing apart, re-knitting the squares in garter stitch, then joining them by first crocheting a border - in a contrasting color - around each square. That would probably look nicer...

But in the end, I've decided not to fear failure - or imperfection! (It's all a learning experience.) So I'm continuing this way until I run out of yarn...

No comments:

Post a Comment