Monday, July 4, 2016

Copy Editing Needed!

Years of correcting student writing errors has turned me into a spelling and punctuation "stickler" - not so much in personal letters or private emails, but in public signs.

So I wonder...

Doesn't someone ask, before putting a sign out in public - Can you see any mistakes?!

It's easy enough to slip up.

I did a double take when I saw this sign recently... (Then I went back and took a picture...)

Maybe I should have gone into the store to tell them! Or maybe spelling mistakes bring more customers in - so they make them on purpose!

Hmmm. I wonder what kitchen clothing Paderno has started to sell.

A few days later, I noticed a truck on the road... a construction company vehicle announcing that they turn homes into "cassels"!

Really?!

I know spelling changes over time - but that's a new one for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment