Sunday, April 3, 2016

Two Interesting Books by Barbara Brown Taylor

Do we become more reflective the older we get? Perhaps.

During Lent, I enjoyed an interesting season of reflection as I read two books by Barbara Brown Taylor.

One - entitled Leaving Church - is the story of how the author entered - and left - her job in church ministry.














The second, which I read concurrently with the first, is called An Altar in the World. In it she writes about religious issues that are part of the her life. Reading the biography first provides a context for the second.

Both books have touched me on a deep level, providing food for thought and clarity to some unresolved issues in my life...

Perhaps I'll go into more detail later... but for now, all I'll say is that I highly recommend them both!

Discovering them (in the public library) has been a real gift!

("Yaaay!" for public libraries!)

No comments:

Post a Comment