Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Preparing to Become a Grandma...

In a few week's time, I'm expecting my first grandchild! This stage of life has been a while in coming. One of my childhood friends (two years older than me) is a great-grandmother twice over!

I'm not sure what grandparents do, apart from love their grandchildren... I guess I'll find out soon enough. But recently the nesting instinct hit me... and I headed out to shop! That's always fun!

Talking to a few first-time grandmothers-to-be, I've discovered that there are now courses on grandparenting, the goal being to bring the older generation (that must be me!) up to speed on the 21st century way of doing things.

Babies are laid on their backs now, instead of their tummies. Baby car seats now have expiry dates...

Do we really need a course?! My three survived childhood. Now that they're adults, we still enjoy hanging out together.

Enjoying your children - isn't that the goal of parenthood, after all?

No comments:

Post a Comment