Thursday, April 7, 2016

Pots... And More Pots

The current pottery session is drawing to a close...

Every few weeks, I bring home pots... (and more pots!)

Have I improved?

Some wheel-thrown bowls are thinner (which was one of my goals)...






I've tried a few new things in handbuilding... among them (with varying degrees of success) - adding bodies to heads. Unfortunately, the fragile arms and legs often break off!

Squirrels are a little easier to make. I've made a number of animals in hand-building.

As I try to use up little bits of clay, I've discovered that I enjoy molding small bowls, with flower petal designs. Not sure what they would be useful for...

That's the trouble with some of the things I end up making as I try new things.

It's all a lot of fun - which is why I do it! But I think I'll take a break for the summer, once gardening season is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment