Thursday, March 3, 2016

Union Station Construction

When weather is predictably mild, Terry and I often drive to Toronto by car. But we don't do it in winter.

This winter, I've found myself heading to Toronto a lot... by train. I've probably been averaging a trip a month!

For me, it's a welcome change - especially since Toronto weather is usually warmer than Ottawa's.








For a few years now - I can't remember exactly how long - the Toronto train terminal, Union Station, has been undergoing a massive renovation.











Whenever I arrive, I never know which part of the station will be boarded up, off limits to the public!










I'll meet you opposite the women's washroom in the large departure hall, I told my daughter before one recent trip...

Wouldn't you know it... that part of the building was blocked off when I arrived!






Thankfully we both had cell phones - so we were able to find each other in the construction chaos!

No comments:

Post a Comment