Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Palm Springs Street Festival - and Art Show

One evening a week, there is street festival in Palm Springs.

Vendors fill the street - drawing tourists and locals.











Food is always a popular item!












But there are also art displays...

















Paintings, large and small...












Also, sculptures...










You'd need a big vehicle to get some of them home - like the Star Wars creature above, and this replica musical instrument made entirely of bits and pieces of golf clubs.

Some sculptors have a lot of imagination!













Several woodcarvers were selling their wares.

These wooden castle blocks on display were popular with the block-building crowd!














I was drawn to an ice cream parlor that sold Dole Whip, a treat I first tasted in Hawaii... a mix of pineapple and ice cream.










The street fair was a busy event.












There was even an "Ask a rabbi" booth!


What a great idea! Maybe there should be an "Ask a priest" stand, too!

What about "Ask a mother?!"









I just had to photograph this bumper sticker on a vehicle parked near ours, a reminder that I wasn't in Canada!










There were a lot of lovely hand-made goods. The only thing holding me back from buying more was the realization that I only had one small suitcase... and I didn't want to pay extra on my flight home for a second bag.


No comments:

Post a Comment