Monday, February 8, 2016

Winter Visit to Brockville

A week ago, Terry needed to be in Brockville for half a day, so I went along for the ride.

We often come here in summer - when the marina is full of boats.










Anxious to get some walking in, I wandered along a path along the St. Lawrence River.










Not far away was an old plane - dating back to RCAF days (when Canada had a "Royal Canadian Air Force.")










Nearby stands a statue remembering women who were victims of domestic violence. It occurred to me, as I looked at it, how unspeakably sad it would be to be a mother, sister, or friend of someone who had been a victim of violence at home.












Later I took a walk down the main street - in the older part of town. When grey clouds arrived and the wind became brisk and cold, I had coffee and a scone at Tait's Bakery and waited for Terry to arrive.

Walking, then stopping for a cup of coffee - two of life's simple pleasures!

No comments:

Post a Comment