Tuesday, February 9, 2016

A Brief Cornwall Visit

After visiting Brockville - a visit mentioned in yesterday's blog - Terry and I drove east down the highway to Cornwall. We often stop at Brockville, en route to Toronto, but we haven't been to Cornwall in years.

I used to go there en route to Massena, NY, just across the border, years ago when my daughter lived at home. Driving to the Massena Mall was our little shopping adventure. Nowadays Terry and I tend to shop to Ogdensburg, NY, which is further west. (Not that we go there that often, the current exchange rate being what it is!)





Again Terry had some business to attend to, so I wandered around downtown, near the Civic Center...










... where there are lots of walking and bike paths along the St, Lawrence River.










The temperature was warm - melting the ice.















I discovered an interesting eatery, Love, Love Food - which has a menu that changes daily.(The day's menu items are posted online.)









I enjoyed a delicious bowl of soup and an enormous date square, which filled me up for the day!












I enjoy these little mid-winter travel adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment