Saturday, February 27, 2016

The Ups and Downs of Winter

It has been an interesting week, weather-wise...

Monday and Tuesday were perfect for walking. I even left my winter boots at home on Tuesday, walking in my hiking shoes instead.

Then another snow storm came - snow and freezing rain for several days!

Now roads and sidewalks in our neighborhood are icy again! (And for the fourth time this winter, we can't get our mail. Our mail-box is frozen shut!)

I remember a conversation I had with an African student a few years ago.

Canadians always talk about the weather, he commented.

It's a safe, uncontroversial topic - and the weather is always changing,  I replied. What do you talk about in Africa?

Politics! The weather is always the same, but the political situation is always changing!

I think I'd rather have changeable weather - and no political revolutions! I said, and we both smiled. (So I guess I shouldn't complain!)


No comments:

Post a Comment