Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Knitting Inspiration

One of the knitting books that has inspired me this winter is one I picked up at the library - on double knitting.

In double-knitting, you knit with two colors at the same time, each side of the double knit article being a different color...














I took a class in double-knitting a few years ago, but never knew what to make using this technique.

In this sweater jacket, the inside and outside have opposite background and design colors.












The knitting comes out quite tight; it isn't all that stretchy, so I would have to make sure I make the size just perfect. But it can be used with beautiful results.

I could see myself wearing this jacket...











I particularly like the contrasts in this coat made in beige and black...














I should probably think of doing a simple pattern - like these hearts - in an afghan, perhaps.










Another idea I loved was this afghan made by creating graphs of children's art projects. I have quite a few of those!

Here is one side...












Here is the other...

They have to be transferred to graph paper and the graph needs to be carefully followed... a careful kind of knitting I may not be patient enough to undertake.

But I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment