Thursday, February 25, 2016

Lenten Practice I Can Identify With!

Lent traditionally is a time to give up some pleasure for 40 days. I have friends who often give up chocolate or desserts. I've never felt the urge to do that - not that it wouldn't be a good idea.

But recently on Facebook, I saw a "sacrificial" Lenten practice that did "call my name": Getting rid of something I no longer need - every day for 40 days.

It has been interesting to see how my eye daily picks out something to get rid of. It's actually fun taking it downstairs and putting it into a designated box in the basement. At the end of Lent, I plan to take the box to one of our neighborhood "nearly new" shops.

I'll probably never miss the things that are gone! I no longer need them - yet they may still be useful to someone else!

No comments:

Post a Comment