Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Preparing for Cataract Surgery

This is the week I'm scheduled to have cataract surgery in my left eye... A week ago, I met the young doctor who's scheduled to do it.

When he examined my eyes and realized that I'd had laser eye vision correction, he was somewhat dismayed.

This messes up all the calculations, he said. (Apparently there is a formula that determines the strength of the corrective lens they put in the eye...) You may need glasses again...

(That doesn't sound hopeful! My 90-year-old aunt's cataract surgery corrected her vision. Now she doesn't even need reading glasses...)

So - wondering if I should have put it off for a few more years - I nontheless prepare myself:


Today I begin the regime of eye drops that precedes the surgery and continues for a month following it.

No comments:

Post a Comment