Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Post-Cataract-Surgery Update

Four days have passed since my cataract surgery.

I am continuing with three different kinds of eye drops, four times a day, to prevent infection. (My doctor's office provided me with this handy chart so that I won't get confused as to which to use when...!)

Two of the drops no longer sting, so I assume that the eye is healing.





I also wear this patch taped over my eye at night, to avoid accidentally rubbing it. I'm to use it for about a week.









Right after my surgery, the vision in my left eye wasn't very good. It felt as if I were seeing things through a fogged up bathroom mirror. But when I woke up the next morning, the fog had disappeared. My vision isn't 20/20, but I'm hoping it will improve. Before the surgery, I was warned that there would be problems giving me perfect vision because I'd had laser surgery done. In retrospect, if I'd realized that earlier, I probably would have delayed the surgery a while, until the cataract was seriously hampering my vision.

The surgery itself wasn't painful and I've had no pain since. The one positive difference I've noticed is that whites are much whiter when viewed through my left eye - with its clean, new lens.

No comments:

Post a Comment