Sunday, December 14, 2014

Appreciating the Bible

I enjoy reading the Bible. I've read it in many translations and versions. (My favorite? The chronological Bible, where passages are shifted into chronological order.)


So I was pleased to read Joyce Meyer's words (in her Trusting God Day by Day devotional):

"I'm always saddened when I encounter people who view the Bible as an outdated, irrelevant religious book. Yes, its words are centuries old, but instead of being old-fashioned or obsolete, they are ancient truths that have stood the test of time and been proven over and over and over again. The words of Scripture are alive; they are saturated with the power of God. They are as real and applicable today as they have ever been - and in our world today, we desperately need to be grounded in this kind of godly truth. The Bible is not only meant for preachers and "church people"; it is a book for everyone in every walk of life. It is spiritual, but it is also extremely practical."

I totally agree!

No comments:

Post a Comment