Monday, December 8, 2014

It's a Surprise!

I've been doing a little Christmas shopping for my family. It's hard to know what adult children really want - or need. But everyone likes to find surprises under the tree...

I guess they have the same dilemma when shopping for me... It's a delicate balance, letting people "choose" their gift - and surprising them.

My daughter recently called me on "Skype."

"I've bought you a Christmas gift," she said. "It's a book. I'm going to show it to you and you have to tell me if you already have it. If you do, I'll take it back..."


She held it up... It looked familiar, but I couldn't remember whether I'd read it or not.

"I'll take it back then," she said.

"No, keep it. I may not have read it!"

"No, I think I'll take it back."

"No, don't!"



(So now I don't know whether she'll be giving it to me or not! One way or another, that will make it a surprise on Christmas morning!)

No comments:

Post a Comment