Sunday, September 15, 2013

Dispenser of Blessing

All work has the potential to be a blessing... even handing out pills (at my mother's nursing home, for example) and greeting customers at a store.

When the evening nurse gives me my pills and my "milk shake" [aka nutritional supplement], my mother tells me, "he always says 'God bless you.'" 

She smiles. His words of blessing mean a lot.

I think of him as I head into a department store and overhear a little girl's conversation with the store greeter.

Do you have any stickers? she asks.

Sure I do, he answers, taking a roll of happy faces out of his pocket and putting one into her outstretched hand.

Thank you, she says, beaming.

God bless you, he replies.

All this leaves me wondering: Who have I blessed today?

No comments:

Post a Comment