Monday, June 3, 2013

What's In Bloom In Early June?

The early spring perennials have disappeared and now the large irises are bursting into flower.


















I have a lot of deep purple ones...

 












... as well as one or two yellow.


















The small purple ones are just beginning to bloom.


















I wish I had time to sit and draw them, but I don't. The dandelions have been keeping me busy. Now their growing season is almost over - until the fall. But with all the rain we've had, there has been a lot of growth - of weeds as well as plants - so I have weeding, thinning and planting to do. The garden keeps me busy!














I'm glad the forget-me-nots, the white anemones and the purple lamium are still adding color to my front garden bed. I'll have to divide them and move them to other parts of the yard so that I'll have color there too.

No comments:

Post a Comment