Thursday, June 27, 2013

My Mother's Garden

I never gave much thought to nursing home gardens until one of my nephews - as a boy scout - told me he was creating a raised bed for a local nursing home. 














Raised? Yes, so that residents don't have to bend down to see the flowers.














Now that my mother is in a nursing home, I realize just how important a nursing home garden is.














My mother loves to sit outside in the garden.














She goes there on her own - to sit in the sun, read and enjoy the beauty of the flowers.














Some of the beds are raised - and there are lots of gazebos and shady spots where families and residents can sit.


















(Some of the volunteer gardeners have a sense of humor!)














The garden is one of the most important spots in this home during the summer.














It can be enjoyed through the windows, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment