Friday, June 14, 2013

Painting Flowers Again!

I haven't been painting much lately. I had hoped to paint all the flowers that bloom in my yard, but I haven't had time. (Taking pictures is much, much easier!)














But going to Loraine's painting group for two hours once a week has motivated me to pull out my watercolors again. Last week I took this iris from my garden and painted it... at least twice its actual size!


















I didn't get the color right - but it did change, depending on the lighting.


















There is nothing like painting a flower (or anything, else for that matter) to make you really study it. When I got home afterwards, I started looking at all the irises in my garden differently. And I noticed that these large ones that make their stem bend with their weight...














... actually sit upright (not sideways) on the bent stem - a little like two parrots on a branch. I had never noticed that before!

No comments:

Post a Comment