Friday, June 21, 2013

One of My Favorite New Inventions

I realize that insects have their place in our environment - so I don't mess with them unnecessarily in my garden. But indoors?! That's another matter!














When a centipede scooted across the bathroom floor early one morning recently, I realized that quick action was needed!














I got some more sticky insect traps - hollow paper boxes with sticky adhesive inside. Bugs adhere to them if they walk through them. Catching them like this interrupts their life cycle indoors.














I like them because they eliminate creepy-crawlies without using pesticides. Since we've begun putting them wherever bugs are a problem, I hardly ever see bugs indoors. (They do have to be replaced every 3 months or so - insects are persistent creatures!)

No comments:

Post a Comment