Thursday, February 28, 2013

Winter Walk in Britannia

My quest for samples of winter plant life (for my drawing class) led me to Britannia, an old Ottawa neighborhood with lots of trees near the Ottawa River.













Once a community outside the city limits, Britannia has a mix of housing styles.














Many of the older homes look like summer cottages...














... or old farm houses...














But there are some modern ones...














... mixed in...














... as well.














A well-known yacht club is located on the river in Britannia...














But at this time of year most of the boats are shrouded in plastic... and snow!














My hunt for dry winter plant life wasn't too fruitful! Large mounds of soft snow kept me from the more interesting dry leaves and seed pods I could see. (I was afraid to try to get them, afraid of sinking knee deep into the snow.)














But exploring the neighborhood was fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment