Wednesday, February 20, 2013

African Violet Update

My first African violet plant was a gift that arrived at the hospital when my daughter was born. It has survived - though I'm not sure which one it is now that I have quite a few more.

The biggest collection came from my neighbor Marion who had received a dozen tiny plants of different varieties (with different colored flowers) from another neighbor. But for some reason she no longer wanted to bother with indoor plants, so she offered them to me.














Most thrived and I enjoy their blooms in winter, when the world outdoors is white. But this year - for the first time - they aren't blooming. (These few flowers are a far cry from the abundance of previous years.)














Do I need to fertilize them? I never have before.


















Now I'm waiting to see if it makes a difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment