Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Painting a Cherry

One of the side benefits of painting (and drawing) is that it makes me focus on things I would not normally give much thought to - everyday things, like food.

I love cherries, so a cherry seemed an apt subject for my second effort at a fruit "portrait." Could I capturing its luscious beauty on paper?!














It was a little more difficult because so much depended on different shades of red!














I thought the pits would add an interesting detail as well! I only had two, so I kept moving them around after painting them...














I was pleased with the result - which I affectionately refer to as The Last Man Standing! (But as soon as the painting was done, my cherry "model" didn't stay around for long either!)

No comments:

Post a Comment