Saturday, October 27, 2012

Photography Tip: Use Leading Lines

I love Andrew Haydon Park in the fall, and have posted photos of its colorful scenery in previous years.













Recently, however, I had a photography class in the park.













(I have a new camera and want to learn to maximize its potential.)













For three hours my instructor and I strolled through the park...













... taking pictures.













An important tip that brought a dynamic element to the photos I took...













... was the instructor's suggestion to use "leading lines" ...













... to draw a viewer's eyes...













... through the picture.













My search for "leading lines" drew me to paths...













... and shore lines.













The lines made the photos more dynamic.













(Best of all, you don't need a fancy camera to benefit from that tip!)


No comments:

Post a Comment