Friday, October 19, 2012

A Family Celebration

Terry and I flew to Alberta a few weeks ago to share in a family milestone: the 90th birthday of a dear aunt...














... the wife of my mother's 98-year-old brother.














We had  come from far and wide...














... from Ontario to British Columbia in Canada.














 My brother even flew up from Texas.














 It was a joyous occasion!














 Of course, it was a time for taking pictures.














My mother's siblings - with three missing (my mother, a sister who had left before the group photos were taken, and a brother who couldn't be there).














Here are the cousins - all the grandchildren of Theodore Guhl, my grandmother's first husband, who died when he was only 31 years old.














The other siblings (seen here with spouses) are the children of Hugo Bartz, my grandmother's second husband (who happened to be the cousin of her first). There are a dozen cousins from that wing of the family, too!














It's always a lot of fun to get together!


















I have always enjoyed being part of such a large extended family!

Celebrations like this don't happen without a lot of effort and planning... So thanks to all who made it possible! It was a memorable day!


No comments:

Post a Comment