Thursday, October 18, 2012

Fancy Car!

I have never given much thought to fancy cars.














If a car gets me from point A to point B safely, that's all I care about. The one vehicle I loved was our van - which was great for shopping. I think of it every time I admire furniture at Ikea (and decide it's too big to fit into the car)!














I realize not everyone feels the same way about cars...














Recently, while we were in Alberta - the weather being unseasonably warm, my cousin Dave offered us a ride in the vintage convertible his father-in-law had given them.















It had, for many years, been the older man's pride and joy.














I'm not sure what passers-by were thinking... five of us well passed our teenage years crammed into the red convertible with the top down... my 90-year-old aunt in the front seat.














As we stopped at one traffic light, the driver of a half-ton truck beside us leaned out the window and yelled: Are you heading to a drive-in movie?!














Nobody ever did that when I was driving my van!

No comments:

Post a Comment