Friday, October 5, 2012

Edmonton's Muttart Conservatory

One of the more relaxing things we did on our recent Edmonton vacation was visit a place I've seen in the distance quite a few times.














My cousin Dave and his wife Cathy...














... invited my Aunt Zilla and us to the Muttart Conservatory.














Driving by, I've noticed its four glass pyramids.














 But I had no idea what was inside.














 I discovered it housed one of my favorite things:














PLANTS!














Three of the four glass pyramids are geenhouses for different climate types...














 Arid...














Tropical...














And moderate...














The fourth - for special plant displays - was closed the day we visited.














 Cathy mentioned that at one time she had worked nearby.














 She would buy an annual pass...


















... and would often come here to spend her lunch hour.














 This provided a welcome change of scene...


















... especially on a cold winter day!


















Now that is something I could see myself doing!














 Later we wandered around outside.

 












The grounds were lovely, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment