Sunday, September 30, 2012

Praying For My Mother

My mother isn't happy about the changes in her life. She has always been a healthy, active person. Now at 93, she finds walking difficult and one eye is almost blind from macular degeneration. (Thankfully cataract surgery has given her good vision in the other eye.)














Call it lack of faith - or reality - I don't expect her physical problems to go away.

(Grandma, Terry reminds her, when she gets annoyed at her physical ailments. Your body is like a car that's been used for many years - parts are beginning to wear out!)

So how should I pray for her, knowing she probably won't get better?

I have begun focusing not so much on my mother's losses, but praying that she will continue to enjoy life. So I find it gratifying that she still gets excited about the schedule of activities for the coming week... And later, when I leave, she is so busy talking to another resident that she forgets to wave goodbye!

No comments:

Post a Comment