Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Aerial View of Canada

I love to fly on clear days when I can see the land below me.














In first year university, I had to take a science class. I chose physical geography, the study of land formations, because geography labs involved maps and graphs - not test tubes and Bunsen burners.














 Shortly afterwards, I took my first flight across the country, and was delighted to see - from above - the meandering rivers and sedimentary deposits I had learned about.














It has been a long time since that first-year university (freshman) geography course, but every time I fly - as I recently did across the country from Ontario to Alberta - I am reminded of it.














In many ways, it changed my life, giving me a new perspective on the world around me.


No comments:

Post a Comment