Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Outdoor Sketching

Our botanical drawing class is over, but some of the students wanted to meet weekly at the Experimental Farm to sketch outdoors - weather permitting















My neighbor Mary and I joined them a few days ago.














The day was warm and sunny.














There weren't many visitors when we arrived, but a crew of volunteers was already busily working nearby.














I hunted for a shady place in which to draw.


















While others headed for various flower beds, I was struck by the beauty of this tree - so I sat in the shade of another tree and sketched it.


















Not exactly a precise botanical rendition - but a challenge nonetheless.














I had come reluctantly - thinking of all the work I had to do at home. But I left refreshed. Sitting outdoors soaking in nature and drawing is wonderful therapy!

No comments:

Post a Comment