Saturday, July 7, 2012

More Summer Quilting: A Two-Color Quilt

Years ago, I picked up this book on two-color quilts, intending to make one.


















But then I discovered how hard it is to find two-color fabrics. And it's a real challenge to find more than one fabric that have the same two colors.














Some of the quilts in the book are made of two plain fabrics...














But many have small designs in the second color, as this close-up of a quilt photo from the book shows.














So instead of making a two-color quilt, I set out in hunt of two-color fabrics. I managed to collect half a dozen red and white pieces (as well as a few black and white) ones.














 After finishing the Lover's Knot quilt top in shades of blue last week, I decided to make another one in red and white.















So far I've cut the strips and begun to sew the squares together.















If the weather remains hot, I may stay indoors...


















 ... and get the piecing done on my second "summer quilt"!



No comments:

Post a Comment