Thursday, July 19, 2012

New Flowers in Bloom

A perennial garden is a place of constant change!














As I walk around the yard clipping off dead daisies...














... I notice that the echinacea cone flowers are now in bloom...


















... as is this late-blooming day lily we received as a gift.













Phlox flowers are also appearing here and there in the yard.














The knautia are stubbornly blooming next to the daisies, in spite of the dry soil.














In the back yard, this two-colored day lily is also in bloom. I tend to forget about it, as I don't see it from the window.














The tiger lilies are on their way out... I'll miss them when they're gone.

The wonderful thing about perennials is that they return year after year, appearing as a kind of surprise gift! The sad things about most perennials is that their season is very short. They never stay long enough! Maybe I'll have to add a few annuals to my flower beds - they stay all summer. (But where would I put them?!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment